About NIOS OBE
The NIOS board came up with the Open Basic Education program as an alternative to the formal education system’s Elementary Education Program.
Over the years, Pratham has found children who were not in school and needed a place to be included.
Through this program, we want to help both kids and adults and give them a chance to learn fairly and easily.
Since 2002, Pratham Mumbai Education Initiative has been registered with the National Institute for Open Schooling (NIOS) as part of the Open Basic Education (OBE) program.
Its registration number is OB1100502. The NIOS board has been given the power to run the academic and administrative parts of the program all over the country.
The State Department of Education, the Municipal Corporation, and the Department of Social Welfare and Justice all work together on this program.
What does NIOS OBE mean?
The OBE program offers Elementary Education at 3 levels:
The Open Basic Education program has three levels: ‘A,’ ‘B,’ and ‘C.’
equivalent to the third year of formal schooling
equivalent to the fifth year of formal schooling
equivalent to the eighth grade in the regular school system
- Pre-RTE: At first, children from all over the country, including those who had dropped out of school or who had never been to school, as well as Anganwadi teachers, working youth, and adults, enrolled in the program. The children came from different places, such as working or living with few resources.
- Since 2011, when the RTE was signed into law, there has been a noticeable change in the number of children with special requirements enrolled in school. (approximately 500 to 600 per year) from Mumbai, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and MP.
- Children from private schools, government-funded special schools, municipal special schools, privately enrolled children, and private organizations that help children with special needs can join the program.
- Children who live in places with few resources or drop out of school.
- Children who need extra help.
- Some children live in institutions.
- Kids who have never been to school.
- Anganwadi teachers
- Teenagers and adults who work
Adaptations for Special Needs Children:
So that everyone can learn, we made sure that the content of our program could be changed to meet the requirements of children with special needs. Depending on the child’s needs, there are also exceptions and changes to tests and procedures. The program will give children with special needs a place where they can get everything they need.
Key features or achievements:
- The whole curriculum of the OBE program has been changed to meet the requirements of children with disabilities and children who have dropped out of school. The NCERT and NIOS guidelines have been followed.
- Made tests easy for kids to take
- Facilities for e-learning (learning with help) were put in place.
- Did training modules about education for everyone.
- Children with disabilities were given a chance to learn easily.
NIOS OBE Programme 2022-23 Class 3, 5, and 8 registration begins
The Open Basic Education (OBE) program at the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) now has online registration for levels A, B, and C. The NIOS OBE program has three levels. Level A is the same as class 3, while levels B and C are the same as classes 5 and 8. The site for applying to the program will be open until March 15, 2023.
To join the NIOS OBE program, a learner who is homeless, destitute, a migrant, lives in a slum, or is an orphan and doesn’t have a permanent address needs to sign a self-certification stating this. The NIOS said that this certificate must also be signed and stamped by the AA, NGO, or orphanage with their full name, job title, and address.
When registering with NIOS, these candidates must give NIOS an address where they can be reached. Candidates or their parents can look at the notice on the NIOS portal for more information about the admissions process.
How To Apply For The NIOS OBE Programme 2022?
- Step 1: Go to NIOS and log in.
- Step 2: Under the Admission tab, click on NIOS OBE Registration.
- Step 3: Choose your state, the type of ID you want to use, and the level you want to apply for.
- Step 4: Fill out the basic information.
- Step 5: Add documents and check your form to ensure there are no mistakes.
- Step 6: Submit the form
- Step 7: Keep the confirmation for later
The last day to sign up for secondary (10th) and senior secondary (12th) courses has been moved to October 2023. Students can sign up online at sdmis.nios.ac.in for admission until January 31 to avoid paying late fees.
To be eligible for NIOS’s secondary courses, a candidate must be 14 years old by July 31. You want to be at least 15 years old for senior secondary courses.
A learner who has finished secondary school can also take the NIOS exam to help them do better. The applicant must have passed the secondary course from a recognized board to get into the senior secondary courses.
NIOS OBE results for 2022
The results of the Open Basic Education (OBE) Programme have been announced by the National Institute of Open Schooling (Level A, B & C). The Open Basic Education Programme has been judged by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) (Level A, B & C). Students can go to the official website results.nios.ac.in to see how they did.
How to check the 2022 NIOS OBE results:
- Check out the official site at results.nios.ac.in
- Click on “Check Result” to see your NIOS OBE score.
- Access your enrollment number and verification to see the result.
- The scorecard for the NIOS Open will show up on the screen.
- Download it and print it out.